Famidrums is a sample-based drum machine featuring the sounds of the Nintendo Entertainment System sound chip (more precisely, its DPCM sampler and triangle/noise oscillators). The drum sounds included have been extracted from games while others have been converted using classic analog drum machines as a source. Accurate software emulation of the NES sound chip has been used to get that original crunchy drum sounds typical of classic games such as Super Mario Bros 3, Lifeforce, Super C, and Kid Icarus.
- 30 different 8-bit Drum Kits.
- Audio outputs for each drum sound.
- LFO, trim, reverb and pitch effects.
- Amp range controls for velocity sensitivity adjustment.
- Plain Wav files included.
- Original new sounds not found anywhere else.
Among the classic analog drum machines re-sampled through the NES 1-bit sampler, you'll find the Roland TR-808, the TR-909 as well as the CR-78 & CR-8000. Moreover, digital drum machines from the 80s have been re-sampled including the Yamaha RX series, the Casio Rapman, the Roland TR-505 and TR-626.
It's our belief that you'll find Famidrums to be a unique source of inspiration for chiptune composition as well as electro and urban music production.
- 30 Drum Kits.
- 240 samples (16-bit Wav files).
- 88 MB download size.
- VST plugin in both 32-bit and 64-bit format for Windows.
- VST/AU plugins for Mac OS X 10.6 and up compatible with both 32 bit and 64-bit DAWs.
- Each version of the plugin is available as a separate download.
- Windows XP, 7, 8 or 10 for PCs.
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and up for Macs.
- A digital audio workstation that loads either VST or Audio Units plugins.
- Compatible with the most popular DAWs on the market: Ableton Live, Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase, FL Studio, Traktion, Mixcraft, Sony Acid, Presonus Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar, GarageBand, Renoise, Apple Logic Pro.