A simple Blender addon to grab images from your clipboard and paste them as a reference image in the viewport or onto the image editor, or even copy images from blender to clipboard.
Works with blender 2.80 and above.
• Download the zip file.
• Go to `Edit > Preferences > Addons > Install` and select the downloaded zip file.
• Set the directory for saving images to avoid errors.
• Ctrl+Shift+V or Image Editor > Image > Paste From Clipboard in the Image Editor to paste as image.
• Ctrl+Shift+V or Object Mode > Add > Image > Paste From Clipboard in Object Mode to paste as a reference image.
• Ctrl+Shift+Alt+V or Object Mode > Add > Image > Paste From Clipboard as Plane in Object Mode to paste as a plane
• Ctrl+Shift+V or Node Editor > Context Menu (Right Click) > Paste Images From Clipboard in the Node Editor to paste image(s) as Image Texture Node(s).
• Ctrl+Shift+C or Image Editor > Image > Copy To Clipboard in the Image Editor to copy active image to clipboard.
• It is recommended to save the blend file before using this add-on to prevent the misplacement of image files.
v1.0.0 (4th Jan, 21)
• Initial release.
v1.1.0 (6th Jan, 21)
• Improved error management.
• The images are now saved in the same folder as the .blend file, in a newly created subfolder. If the blend file is not saved, it uses the directory set in preferences or the default temp directory, which might raise permission error. This feature is toggleable via addon preferences.
• Improved the UI in preferences.
v1.2.0 (6th Feb, 21)
• Paste image from clipboard directly as a plane onto the viewport (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+V).
• Supports image(s) copied from file explorer in Windows.
• Multiple images can now be pasted at the same time if multiple images are copied from the file explorer (only for Windows).
• Fixed an issue where images were saved with the same name in the default directory even with different blender sessions and led to different images being loaded from what was pasted
• Added icons for the buttons
Update (20th Feb, 21)
• Added a new build for the latest builds of Blender v2.93 as the old one doesn't work on it anymore.
• (16th Apr, 21): Merged build for 2.93a into the primary build. Don't worry about it.
v1.3.0 (12th Mar, 21)
• Image(s) can be pasted directly into the Node Editor as Image Texture Node(s), using [Node Editor > Context Menu (Right Click) > Paste Images From Clipboard] or (Ctrl+Shift+V)
• Images can now be copied to clipboard. In the [Image Editor > Image > Copy To Clipboard], or (Ctrl+Shift+C). These images are also saved along with other images in the set directory.
v1.3.1 (14th Mar, 21)
• Fixed issue with the copy to clipboard feature where it didn't work as intended for certain cases.
v1.3.2 (16th Apr, 21)
• Updated image naming scheme, now with timestamps, preventing overwriting of saved images.
• Merged separate build versions of ImagePaste for Blender version below 2.93a and above into one.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.