The future of the 30-second spot has been in question at least since ReplayTV introduced ad-skipping functionality at the beginning of the Millennium--and arguably since the VCR became popular in the 1980's. Assuming, then, that the consumer--thanks to the DVR, SVOD and other factors--will only become less tolerant of traditional TV advertising going forward, how can marketers continue to use TV to reach them? The answers to this question fall into two broad categories: either by making advertising less obtrusive (via such approaches as branded content, 6-second spots, the development of new technologies for placing product images and messages into programming) or, conversely, by making it more engaging (interactive, shoppable, personalized, etc.).
This session will bring together representatives of companies at the forefront of each of these approaches to showcase their latest innovations, debate which solutions to the ad-skipping problem are proving most effective and why, and discuss how they expect those solutions to evolve over the coming months and years. Panelists include:
• Simon Asselin, SVP of Engineering, true[X]
• Tripp Boyle, SVP of Sales Strategy and Business Development, Connekt
• Allison Dollar, CEO, Interactive Television Alliance (Moderator)
• Jessica Ruggeri Hogue, GM of Measurement and Analytics, Innovid
• Manny Patel, VP of Talent/Celebrity Brands, Ryff
• Sunil Soman, Senior Director of Measurement Innovation Research, Ignite, WarnerMedia Ad Sales
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.