Laminate your favorite cotton print with our Slicker Iron-On Glossy Vinyl to create this beautiful tote. This simple straight forward pattern is a great project for the confident beginner. Fully lined, no pockets.
In the Slicker Tote, you'll learn how to:
- Work with Stiff Stuff interfacing
- Laminate your own fabric using Slicker
- Work with laminates
- Make 'wrap n fold' handles the Lazy Girl way
- Box the bottom of a bag
The Slicker Tote pattern is in PDF format and is 4 pages of cover/instruction. This is a rotary cut design, no pattern pieces provided.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
- Skill level: Confident Beginner
- Rotary cut project, no pattern pieces provided.
- Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric with smooth surface. Ideal for strong, dynamic prints.
- Not recommended for directional prints, heavy fabrics, denim or upholstery weight fabrics.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Size 11" x 4 1/4" x 11 1/2
- 7/8 yard Slicker Iron-On Glossy Vinyl (SLG102) by Sew Lazy (17" wide)
- 7/8 yard Stiff Stuff Firm (SLG107) sew-in interfacing by Sew Lazy (20" wide)
- 2/3 yard Bag Fabric (40-42" wide)
- 2/3 yard Lining Fabric (40-42" wide)
- Size 70/10 or 80/12 sewing machine needle recommended.
- Sewing clips, binder clips, or clothes pins helpful in place of pins.