Acanto was inspired by analog sequencers, but because it’s a Max for Live device, it offers a couple of hopefully new and alternative features:
• Its transport system can be completely independent from Live’s transport (of course, if you want your sequences to be quantized to a bar or beat, or an eight note, you can do so as well).
• Each step can have its own rhythmic value.
• Each step can also be routed to an independent output, via an Acanto bus device.
• The velocity section offers independent control of accented vs. non-accented notes.
• And in general, there are some handy buttons available to randomize, shift and otherwise mangle your sequences at will – all within a rather simple and straight-forward design.
For full details, please visit: www.silentcolors.co/acanto