Partially deaf and partially blind writer and editor Elsa Sjunneson-Henry walks students through the process of researching and understanding both conditions for fiction writing. Topics covered:
- Blindness - Including causes, adaptive devices, and media examples
- Deafness - Including the difference between Deaf/deaf culture, hearing aids and other adaptive devices, and media examples
- Ableism and how to avoid it
- Language - Including the difference between Identity First and Person First language
- Genre Tropes
- Thinking Intersectionally
The class includes both the video recording of the live seminar plus supplemental resources and reading recommendations. All class materials are online, and a download link will be emailed to you after you complete your purchase.
Accessibility: The class video is closed captioned and a transcript of the video is available to everyone who purchases the seminar.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for purchasing this webinar from Writing the Other. In case you're not redirected to the folder to access and download the webinar video and materials, it can be found here: https://bit.ly/3huv6ML
Want to know when we give new live classes? Subscribe to our announcement list and get a discount on every class. https://writingtheother.com/contact/subscribe/
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.