Improve shoulder awareness and shoulder control with a focus on the shoulder girdle (collar bones and shoulder blades).
The lessons in muscle control for your shoulders course takes you through a series of exercises designed to improve shoulder awareness and shoulder control. The focus is on focusing your awareness so that you learn to feel the muscles you are using and the bones you are moving.
The course includes basic "unweighted" shoulder blade awareness where you can learn to feel and control your scapulae (shoulder blades) while the arms aren't bearing weight. You'll learn to feel and control your shoulder blades while moving them relative to your ribcage.
You'll also practice shoulder rotation. This then gives you a feel for your shoulder rotator muscles. You'll also practice forearm rotation and learn how to differentiate the two.
After doing unweighted shoulder blade awareness, you'll then apply the same awareness and control to weighted positions (positions where you hands are bearing body weight.)
You'll also learn pressure sensitivity, noticing when your hands are lightly touching the floor, or any other object of person, versus when they are pressing with pressure. You'll thus learn how to use your muscles as "sensors".
You'll also learn a simple technique for activating your shoulders and also your abdominals while on all fours. And you'll get the chance to practice feeling and controlling the shoulder of your supporting arm while doing side plank pose.
While the goal of these videos is to teach you to better feel and control your shoulders, both while unweighted and weighted, you can use these exercises as part of your warmup, or as a "practice" in their own right. Or you can simply use these exercises to get a feel for your shoulders (and better control) so that you can use your shoulders with more awareness in whatever it is that you are doing.
sy-PE 0g 0a 3 forefoot lift heel lift warmup variations (warming up the shoulders while balancing)
- 0 7 1a 01 Shoulders 0 Protraction
- 0 7 1a 01 Shoulders 1 Protraction, Accromion Processes
- 0 7 1a 01 Shoulders 2 Protraction, Collarbones
- 0 7 1a 01 Shoulders 3 Protraction, Sensation of Protraction
- 0 7 1a 01 Shoulders 4 Protraction, Correcting Imbalances
- 0 7 1a 02 Shoulders 0 Retraction
- 0 7 1a 02 Shoulders 1 Retraction Resting Position
- 0 7 1a 03 Shoulders 0 External Rotation
- 0 7 1a 03 Shoulders 1 External Rotation Sensations
- 0 7 1a 04 Shoulders 0 Internal Rotation
- 0 7 1a 05 forearm and shoulder rotation
- 0 7 1a 05 Shoulders 0 Elevation
- 0 7 1a 06 Shoulders 0 Depression
- 0 7 1a 06 Shoulders 1 Depression Notes
- 0 7 1a 06 Shoulders 2 Depression Variations
- 0 7 1a 07 Shoulders 0 Protraction and Retraction Variations
- 0 7 1a 07 Shoulders 1 Protraction and Retraction Variation Notes
- 0 7 1a 07 Shoulders 2 Arm Back Retraction Ext Rotation
- 0 7 1a 07 Shoulders 3 Arm Back Protraction Int Rotation
- 0 7 1a 08 a shoulder exercises 1 reach back with rotation and finger awareness
- 0 7 1a 08 a shoulder exercises 2 arm cross with rotation and finger awareness
- 0 7 1a 09 cat pose chest shift 0
- 0 7 1a 09 cat pose chest shift 1 balance
- 0 7 1b 01 1 Wtd Shldrs Cat
- 0 7 1b 01 2 Wtd Shldrs Cat One Arm
- 0 7 1b 02 1 Wtd Shldrs Table Fingers Fwd
- 0 7 1b 02 2 Wtd Shldrs Table Fingers Back
- 0 7 1c 0b FB Wt Shift all fours 0
- 0 7 1c 0b FB Wt Shift all fours 1 difficulty lifting hands
- 0 7 1c 0b FB Wt Shift all fours 2 shoulders
- 0 7 1c 0b FB Wt Shift all fours 3 pressure
- 0 7 1c 0b FB Wt Shift all fours
- 0 7 1c 1a 0 Hand Lift On All Fours
- 0 7 1c 1a 1 Hand Lift On All Fours Abs
- 0 7 1c 1a 2 Hand Lift On All Fours Abs Note
- 0 7 1c 1a 3 Hand Lift On All Fours Knee Pressure Note
- 0 7 1c 1b 0 Hand Press On All Fours
- 0 7 1c 1b 1 Hand Press On All Fours Note
- 0 7 1c 1c 0 Hand Press On All Fours No Protraction
- 0 7 1c 1c 1 Hand Press On All Fours Note Movement or Stabilization
- 0 7 1c 1d arm & shoulder adjustments for cat pose 0
- 0 7 1c 1d arm & shoulder adjustments for cat pose 1
- 0 7 1c 1d arm & shoulder adjustments for cat pose 2
- 0 7 1c 1d arm & shoulder adjustments for cat pose 3
- 0 7 1c 1e adjusting posture while noticing shoulders 1
- 0 7 1c 1e adjusting posture while noticing shoulders 2
- 0 7 1c 1e adjusting posture while noticing shoulders 3
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 01
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 02
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 03
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 04
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 05
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 06
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 07
- 0 7 1c 3 arm & shoulder activations for side plank 08
30 day money back guarantee!
If you aren't satisfied with this course, let me know within 30 days of purchase and I'll give you your money back. My email is included with the confirmation receipt when you purchase this course.
Videos are in MP4 format and can be streamed or downloaded.
If downloading, I'd suggest using the VLC app to view the videos.
How this course is taught
Lessons are follow along with the suggested approach being to memorize the actions so that you can do the exercises without requiring the videos. You can then focus on anchoring and then feeling (and controlling) your hip flexors.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for buying this course.
If you have any questions you can reach me at:
If you have a question about a specific video in this course, please include the full name of the video in the body of your email. It can then make it easier for me to reference.
And also note, you can view the videos using the gumroad app. Or you can download them and view on the device of your choice.
For windows users you may find the VLC app useful for viewing downloaded files (https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html)
(There's also a version for android and for mac).
Ideally the exercises (and explanations) in these videos make it as easy as possible for you to learn to feel particular muscles and control them.
For any of the exercises, the goal isn't perfection. Instead, it is getting a feel for a particular muscle or action. If you can feel it, you can then fine tune the way that you do it. And you can also then choose, given a particular context, whether the action is useful or not.
All the best
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.