Modeler 2020 is a plugin package for direct modeling in SideFX Houdini.
1. Modeler state
First of all, Modeler very simple in use. All you need is run shelf button and press spacebar. And now you can see all the standard and not only tools. If you already have the modeling experience, you will start modeling very quickly.
Modeler is a standalone modeling environment, which allows you to use classic mesh modeling tools. You can quickly create models, UV maps, and retopologize high-poly mesh just like in other modelers. Modeler has its own keyboard and mouse shortcuts system and uses an advanced Python states to interact with model faster.
2. Soft Boolean
Soft Boolean can create procedural models using boolean operations, but unlike the standard Boolean SOP, it creates soft transitions between the cutter and main geometry.
The KitBash Python panel allows cataloging geometric data without saving them in separate files. KitBash can create subfolders and use models in the form of simple thumbnails.
4. Insert Mesh
Insert Mesh is an HDA node that allows embed parts of the geometry in any place using selected polygons. You can use this node in the Network Editor as usual, but the main feature is using it in conjunction with the KitBash Python panel. That means you can create your own sets of geometry parts in KitBash and insert them later in your model with Insert Mesh technology.
5. Radial Menus
Modeler has 14 radial menus for modeling toolsets. But unlike Houdini in Modeler radial menus work without limitations.
6. Python states wrapper
Modeler interactive tools system allows to create custom viewport states very quickly.
- Modeler 2020.1 release video: https://vimeo.com/412027905
- DM 1.5 release video: https://vimeo.com/342214408
- Modeling a quadcopter in early DM 1.5 beta: https://youtu.be/0tWJdtk1z0Q
- Modeling a radio using Soft Boolean 1.0: https://vimeo.com/247915321
- Modeler Chat: https://discord.gg/mhZj297. The Hints chat section has GIFs about how to use lots of the tools. Old tools versions, but it helps a lot.
- DM 1.5 (pre Modeler) tutorials videos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WJZO7XZremGdGq7ce_FBE6dxIBcOkcAW
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.