Modeler is a plugin package for direct modeling in SideFX Houdini.
Modeler mode is a standalone modeling environment, which allows you to use classic mesh modeling tools. You can quickly create models, UV maps, and retopologize high-poly meshes in Houdini, just like in other DCCs. Modeler has its own keyboard and mouse shortcuts system and uses advanced Python states to interact with geometry faster.
Soft Boolean can create procedural models using boolean operations, but unlike the standard Boolean SOP, it creates soft transitions between the cutter and main geometry.
KitBash is intended to collect geometric data without saving them in separate files. KitBash can create subfolders and use models in the form of simple thumbnails. You can import models by simply clicking on its icon. The library has advanced tools for saving geometry of any type with materials. You can also import your own set of models and the library itself will create an icon for each of them.
Insert Mesh is a tool that allows embed parts of the geometry in any place using selected polygons. You can use this node in the network editor as usual, but the main feature is using it in conjunction with KitBash.
Modeler interactive tools system allows you to create custom viewport states very quickly.
Topo toolset is designed to simplify the retopology process. Low poly model can be done very quickly with smart patches and adapted tools.
- Modeler 2020.1 release video: https://vimeo.com/412027905
- Modeler 2020.5 release video: https://vimeo.com/473201614
- DM 1.5 (Older Modeler) release video: https://vimeo.com/342214408
- Modeling a quadcopter in DM 1.5 beta: https://youtu.be/0tWJdtk1z0Q
- Modeling a radio using Soft Boolean: https://vimeo.com/247915321
- Modeler Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/mhZj297. The Hints chat section has GIFs about how to use the tools. They are about an older Modeler version, but it helps to understand how classic modeling work in Houdini.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.