If you are working in media as a producer, writer, or screenwriter you are in the business of creating, buying, and selling intellectual property. In order to protect yourself, your work, and your family you need to understand the intellectual property property rights, and particularly copyright fundamentals. This resource covers:
You will Learn . . .
- Copyright: Where, Why, When, and How to Register Your Copyright on Text, Audio, Video, and Film Projects and why it's arguably the strongest form of Intellectual Property Protection we have
Work for Hire Agreements: Their Requirements & Significant Limitations
- Trademark: Protecting Titles Through Trademark
- Patents: What They Protect and What They Don't
- Licensing and Option Agreements: The Alternative to Selling Your Work
- Actors Rights: Recording Their Performances & Getting Releases
- Rights Releases: And Why Getting Them Right is Critical
- Rights Dead & Famous People Have
- Rights Private Citizens Have When it Comes to Being Recorded
How to Avoid selling content you don't really own and getting sued for it
Ensuring you aren't tying yourself, accidentally to the spouses, children, and business partners of those you collaborate with or license content.
Immediately after order you will receive . . .
- Video: Intellectual Property Fundamentals (1 hr +)
- Printable Primer: Intellectual Property Fundamentals
Please reach out to info@EntertainmentIndustryEvents.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Testimonials for Nancy Fulton and EntertainmentIndustryEvents.com
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico