Click banner for a 5 minute Preview!
A massive instructional video of the process for 2 fantasy oil paintings by renowned video game artist Mike Sass.
5 hrs 40 minutes of detailed discussion and demonstration. A resource for the beginner and professional alike!
- construction-drawing techniques
- how to use photographic reference
- traditional and digital tools for planning
- color theory and color studies
- under-painting and layering
- mediums and materials for oil painting
- brushes and other studio equipment
- how to mix and apply paint in a logical and methodical manner
- how to paint both in a controlled manner and expressively
About the artist:
A veteran of over 20 years in the video games industry, Mike previously had a long career as legendary developer BioWare's first artist, and for 12 years illustrated for some of the top video games of all time. Mike's experience at BioWare creating box art, magazine covers, concept art and marketing illustrations allowed him to seamlessly transition in 2009 to pursue his true passion of fantasy art and oil painting.
As a freelance illustrator, Mike has created roleplaying and card art for the gaming industry's top franchises, including Magic the Gathering,Hearthstone, World of Warcraft,Star Wars, Upper Deck, Pathfinder, Marvel and Dungeons and Dragons. Now working almost exclusively in oils, Mike is sought after by clients and collectors to utilize his vibrant style bringing the fantastic to life.