The most concise and actionable guide to help founders & makers get started with customer discovery ASAP.
Customer-centricity is the ultimate competitive advantage, but you don't have time to read 10 different books and translate how to apply the best methods to your business. The Customer Discovery Guidebook is everything you need to get started with customer discovery interviews, and nothing you don't.
What can understanding your customers better and getting better at customer development faster do for you and your business?
Unlike other 100+ page books, you can read this 10 page guide in one day and start running better customer interviews tomorrow. This short, practical & actionable guide will help you start interviewing customers tomorrow with the specific strategies, tips, and sample interview questions I've shared with clients for years to surface customer insights to develop new products, or improve existing ones. While there are many articles, books, and courses out there, my goal is to help you sift through the noise and make it easier to learn by doing.
I've created a guidebook that helps you plan and conduct customer discovery interviews, synthesize findings into customer insights, and apply them to building a great product and business. Get started sooner, get more reps in, and get better faster.
Inside this atomic e-book, you'll find 5 guides packed with concise and actionable content on:
- Planning Customer Discovery Sprints
- Writing Questions and Interview Guides
- Sourcing and Qualifying Customers and Scheduling Interviews
- Conducting Interviews
- Synthesizing Findings into Insights
Is this for me?
This is made for anyone who is planning to do customer development, or wants to get better at it. This is for you if...
- You're a startup founder (or a future founder) and you want to get better at interviewing customers to validate or invalidate some key assumptions before investing time and money to build a product and business
- You're a product manager, designer, engineer, or product marketer who has primarily only done usability testing or evaluative user research, and you want to uplevel your generative user research skills to get better at product strategy
- You're a user researcher, and you want to send this to your teammate to help them quickly ramp up on how to interview customers
- You're a sales rep or customer success manager, and you want to learn how to bring a customer development mindset to your demos, QBRs, and other meetings with customers to deliver insights your product team will trust to help them ship faster and help you exceed your quota faster
Can I expense this to my company-sponsored professional development budget?
Yes, absolutely. Once you purchase, you'll receive a receipt that you can submit to your company for reimbursement as a professional development expense.
If I like this, can I share this with my team?
No, purchase of The Customer Discovery Guidebook is for individual use only. If you'd like to purchase multiple copies for your team, please purchase one for each team member. If you'd like to hire me to lead an interactive workshop on this for your team, contact me for pricing.
Who are you?
I'm a product manager and designer who has worked within startups to launch new products, 0-->1, three times, and who has coached founders and product teams at startups on customer development countless times.
Why did you make this?
At every company I've worked at in-house as an early employee or with as a consultant, this is the one skill I always get asked to coach founders and product managers on. As a product leader, one problem I faced was training my team on how to get started with and get better at customer development. When I first got started, I couldn't find many resources for this beyond many books that most founders, PMs & designers might not have time to read, or trainings for full-time user researchers.
Over the years, I built this guide to train my clients on how to do customer discovery, and now, I’m making it available to help other founders, product managers, designers, marketers, and more get started with or get better at talking to customers.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your support! For more resources, follow me for updates on future resources at www.crystalyan.com/resources
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.