Lineworks v1.0 gives you that ability to quickly add rigged line strips and grease pencil lines to you characters. The lines will follow the surface of your character based on where they are placed and come complete with a rig that gives you control over the lines look.
- Generative Modifiers: Lineworks cannot add lines that follow parts of a mesh that are generated by modifiers. If your character has a mirror modifier you will need to apply it in order to get lines on the other half of the character. (Subsurf and Multires modifiers won't cause any issues)
- Destructive Modifiers: Modifiers like the Build modifier, Decimate modifier, and the Remesh modifier will cause issues with Lineworks as well.
- Deleted Geometry: You cannot delete any of the geometry of the characters model after lineworks is created. If you do this will break the rig. You can move the geometry around and add new geometry safely.
- Only Mesh Objects Supported: Lineworks lines can only be used with mesh objects. Curves, Nurbs, Metaballs, etc will not work with Lineworks. Linked mesh objects and linked collections with mesh objects in them will work.
- Mask Modifier: There is a bug currently that can cause the mask modifier to prevent lineworks from functioning properly. If your character uses the mask modifier to hide portions of it's mesh then you will need to create a dummy object that only serves the purpose of being used for Lineworks lines, or remove the mask modifier
Lineworks is made with a linked asset pipeline in mind. You can add rigged lines even to a linked collection.
Lineworks is only supported for Blender 2.80+ and will not be brought to 2.79.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for supporting Lineworks!
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.