This ~90 page guide has everything you need to get your gear, your mind, and your body prepared to complete the 24 hour crucible of a GORUCK Heavy. This can be used as a stand alone training plan OR as a companion to a PATHFINDER training class! www.mettleforger.com *If you own the HTL plan you do not need to get this separately!
*NOTE: These are in PDF format and will not work with an e-reader. Works on PC/Mac/mobile/etc
"Kirk is a beast! He absolutely knows how to physically prepare for an event. He and I spent a lot of time discussing metal preparation too as we both trained for our first HCLs. His training plan gives you the keys to both physical and mental preparation and is the most comprehensive plan I’ve seen. If you want a plan that gives you the full gamut of training, preparation, gear packing, etc. this is the plan you want."
- Lisa Stephenson (multi- HTL completionist)
This guide includes:
- How to mentally prepare for the event and embracing the suck
- Strategies for before, during, and after the event to ensure success (what to eat, when to change socks, etc.)
- Full gear breakdown: required vs. recommended, and how to set it up
- The ONLY training gear required is a ruck, sandbag, and a pull up bar! (UBRR requires lots of equipment, but substitutions are listed)
- Monthly, weekly, and daily challenges to push you out of your comfort zone!
- A full, 4 month training plan with 40+ workouts, covering 300+ miles
- FEATURING Team SPEARHEAD PATHFINDER challenge WODs!
- Weekday sessions are typically 30-60 minutes (3x a week) and weekend (2x) are ~2-3 hours. There are 4-5 milestone workouts/events that are ~5-12 hours.
- Workouts are formatted as graphics for sharing so you can post your WODs to your friends and rucking partners!
- Yoga to stay healthy
"I completed the Normandy Heavy without any issues at all and needed nearly zero recovery time afterwards. We had a week trip in Italy after the Heavy and my biggest worry was being destroyed the whole time in Italy. I felt great and had an amazing vacation!"
- Normandy Finisher
"I like the challenges... They definitely get me out of my comfort zone."
- David Williams
"The volume of reps in the challenges helped prepare my muscles to be resilient to fatigue so that the PT test and welcome party did not leave me exhausted prior to beginning the HCL"
- Doug Schwerin
"The challenges were a test of various components of my fitness and helped identify areas of improvement prior to my HCL."
- Jeremy Murchland
"I hate you Kirk lol but thanks for giving me a target to shoot for"
- Eddie Vergara
- David Williams
- Lyell Peterson
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.