In these videos, I will introduce you to the basics of Octane render and how I use it for my concept arts.
Octane is a powerful and easy to use software that can improve your workflow. It can be used to create a simple scene for paint over or a photo-realistic render. It gives you a very fast feedback as it uses the GPU's power. It can also handles thousands of objects and displacements, allowing you to experiment and generate ideas very easily.
List of the topics :
- Introduction to the interface and nodal based software
- Camera, Environment lighting, Kernels, Post-Processing, Passes etc.
- Geometry manipulation and arrays
- Simple Procedural texture
- Assets texturing (Tree, Rocks, Ground..)
- Database creation
- Layout and Rendering for paintover
- Tips, optimization and bug fixing
All the files that I'm using in the videos are included:
- Video process with commentary
- Original .psd file to show how I work from the render to the final image
- Octane scenes
- Models, Textures, etc.
I'm using Octane 3.06 and above so some functions may be missing if you are using an older version.
This is based on the standalone version, it can be used along any other 3D software. The principles can also apply to the plugins.
I hope you'll like it! :)
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share