The most powerful tool for selling your work is the common, every day, query letter. It’s the perfect sales tool for selling articles, books, screenplays, your services as a speaker, sponsorship opportunities, and a host of other services you want to personally deliver. A good query letter is clear, concise, friendly, professional, and it opens new doors for you and the people you send it to.
In this workshop and workbook you learn how to write the perfect query letter, who to send query letters to, and how to follow up after they have been sent. You learn how to format and send query letters via email and snail mail, and why email so often works better.
To get this recorded workshop, just click I WANT THIS, then provide payment information. Open the confirmation email and click View Product to download the link required to access the video and other resources. VIP MEMBERS already have access to this recorded workshop and workshop. If you want to get 100+ recorded workshops and access to several live online and face to face events every month, become a VIP MEMBER at https://gumroad.com/l/tyQs/1x33v
Additional Resources: Along with the Query Letter Video and Workbook, you also receive another recorded workshop and video included free covering networking via linkedin, another video and workbook how to do due diligence on people and how they will conduct it on you. These resources will help those selling via query letters to be able to reach and work with more people.
- What you can sell easily with query letters and what will prove more difficult.
- Understanding the elements that must be in every query letter you write and how they vary based on you and what you are selling.
- Why query letters that are about a page long work best and when it makes sense to make them a little longer.
- Creating query letter hooks that make people read the rest of your letter.
- How a good query letter persuades people you can be trusted in just a sentence or two.
- Knowing when a query letter should ask for a phone call, meeting, or just an offer to send over what the reader may want to buy.
- What to link to in a query letter and what to avoid linking to.
- Query letter killers that harm your credibility in a memorable and career sabotaging way.
- How Query letters that don’t close a lot of sales still help build your career.
- Who to send your query letters to and how to find them easily online.
- How to send query letters via email with special attention paid to what goes in the subject line of the email.
- How to write a query paragraph that works as well as a query letter when you have to pitch via social media.
- How to send query letters via mail without having to lick envelopes and buy stamps.
This is the perfect workshop for you if you want to be able to pitch more people more frequently and more cost effectively. When you can comfortably send five to ten query letters to the right people every week, you will find the number of sales you make and great relationships you build increases dramatically.
A query letter is the key sales tool used by seasoned sales professionals of all kinds specifically because it is the least invasive, most persuasive, and most effective sales tool they have.
Some Testimonials (hundreds more on Meetup.com and Alignable links available on nancyfultonmeetups.com)
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
“I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share