Don't let unprofessional emails cost you business or harm your reputation.
You want colleagues and clients to view you as the consummate professional, but bad emails can really get in the way.
With Mastering Business Email, you’ll be confident that your emails get read and that your colleagues and clients respect your work and respond when you need them to. You’ll get clear instructions on how to use each field of an email to maximize its effectiveness, and to make sure your message is received.
Short, sweet, and to the point
In about 50 pages, we'll cover the basics of writing good email and using it effectively. Takes about an hour to read.
- Mastering Business Email in ePub, mobi and PDF formats.
- One-page field-by-field quick reference to help you compose better emails faster (PDF).
- 5 sample email templates for common scenarios: turning down new business; project status call follow-up; requesting a testimonial; cold survey request; owning up to a mistake (Pages, Word, PDF).
- Presentation to help facilitate team discussion (PowerPoint, Keynote, PDF).
What will we cover?
- Start with a useful subject—A good subject is full of spoilers. I'll show you how to make your subject useful and searchable.
- Addressing your email—How to use To, CC, BCC, reply and reply-all to make sure the right people read and respond to your email.
- Crafting an effective email body—Once you’ve convinced them to open your email, it’s important to make sure they read it and respond as you intended.
- Managing attachments—How to make it clear what you’re sending, what it’s for, and how to use it.
- Collaborating in email (if you must)—How to use email for collaboration in a pinch.
- Dos and don'ts, and formatting tips—A few quick tips to improve your emails right away.
- A field-by-field quick reference—A skimmable reference to use when you're in a hurry.
For each topic, you'll get specific examples and clear instructions for professional emails.
How do I share this with my team?
Depending on the package you choose, you can share Mastering Business Email from 3 to 50 times. So how do you do that? It's really easy!
- Download the .zip file—When you buy Mastering Business Email, you'll get a .zip file with everything in one place. Just download that file and you'll have it all.
- Share the book and quick reference with your team—Email the files to your team, or put them on SharePoint or Dropbox and point your team to that folder. They can grab which ever format works best for them and they'll be up and running in no time.
- Use the presentation to facilitate team discussion—Follow up with your team to make sure they read the book and to reinforce the concepts. You could assign each person a section of the presentation to cover on a team call or just review it in one quick session.
- Everything is DRM-free—Just download the files and share however you like. No need to mess with lincenses and all that stuff.