Last Update: 27 December 2018
The Material Manager is an all-in-one interface for quickly interacting with scene materials. Quickly sort, search, filter, create, rename, delete, duplicate, and assign materials and texture files with the click of a button! This tool comes equipped with material presets that won't clutter up scene files and can be loaded in when they are needed, as well as an on-board color ID map baker.
Confirmed Supported Maya Versions:
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2016.5, 2017, 2018
- 2014 LT, 2015 LT, 2016 LT, 2017 LT
Compatibility designed to work on future versions of Maya that are not yet out. Not guaranteed to fully work on versions of Maya older than what is listed.
One-click Material Interaction
Customizable Material Presets
Vertex Color from Material Tool
Namespace Removal Tool
Quick Lambert/Blinn/StingrayPBS & Checker Materials
Automatic Color ID Tool
Color ID Map Baker (not available in Maya LT)
Harden UV Border Edges Tool
One-click Texture Map Assignment/Removal
- Material Manager 5 has arrived! This version comes with another massive overhaul to all the code. The information flow should be much more clear and easy to read, and much of the functionality should be more compartmentalized for easier modification, if you’re into that sort of thing.
This overhaul marks the 5th time I’ve rewritten/reorganized the code which is why I’ve decided to make this release 5.0 instead of 4.4… and because it’s so much better!
- Master config .txt file allows you to customize MM5 to initialize with your favorite settings and custom prefixes (for the Load Textures from Folder tool)
- Master presets .txt file allows you to reorganize and add your own material presets to the Color Presets tab. You also have control over what type of material the presets are when they are created
- Added a Load Textures from Folder tool which assigns all texture channels at once
- Window width control
- StringrayPBS Support (for applicable versions of Maya)
- Material indicators now work on selected groups (will report all materials on children)
- More general support for all materials including mental ray, turtle, arnold
- You can now assign/remove files to/from metallic & roughness channels on StingrayPBS materials
- Multi-string material searching (separate each string with a space)
- Material search results now update instantly
- Improved Harden UV Edges tool - now solves for UV islands that wrap back around to themselves (such as cylinder bodies & spheres) and will appropriately soften those edges. Works exactly like 3ds Max’s smoothing groups now
- Swatches have been added to the Presets tab for quicker access to material ID colors
- Material List indicators can now be suspended so assigned materials are not calculated when dealing with massive component selections
- Presets can now be sorted per column or alternating left to right, top to bottom
- Auto Assign Color IDs tool now works per object or per mesh element
- Added an option to auto-append “M_” to materials as they are created
- Added a cleanup tool to add “M_” to existing materials if they don’t already have it
- ID Map Baker HP/LP/Cage fields now have an icon to list large amounts of loaded models which will be visible if something is loaded into that field
- ID Map Baker now supports multiple low poly and cage files
- UI in general has been overhauled. Nearly all of the UI has transitioned from a gridLayout format to a formLayout format.
- ID Map Baker has been overhauled
- Harden UV Edges tool now has a progress bar
- The “Force Refresh” button has been removed to reduce button congestion. Close and re-open MM5 if the indicators are not working as expected
- Replaced Quick Checker material with a Quick StingrayPBS material. Quick Checker has now been appended to the end of the preset swatches.
Bug Fixes / Performance
- Auto Color ID tool now processes meshes MUCH faster and with more correct results
- Selection-only material matching is now MUCH faster than before
- Duplicate Material has been overhauled. Hypershade is no longer required to be open and all shadingEngine and down stream nodes will automatically rename according to the new name.
- Binding a hotkey for the Material Manager should finally work
- Material Control buttons are now smarter: they will look at your selection even if nothing is marked and react appropriately
- Many functions that deal with material channels are now smarter and will attempt to pick the most relevant channel if one exists. This also means that materials not necessarily listed as being supported here may still work and/or it will be very simple to implement support.
- Materials with namespaces should be accurately represented and interactable
- Escape now properly cancels out of a quick material assign prompt dialog
- Checker pattern contrast has been reduced
- Fixed a bug where an object’s assigned materials were being queried multiple times per selection change
- Fixed an issue where the material list updated significantly slower if “sort assigned materials to top” was enabled
- ID Map Baker now remembers the most recent meshes you loaded as well as the file destination.
- The Smart Exporter has been removed from being part of the Material Manager. Development will be conducted separately from now on, however it is currently backlogged.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share