This short, focused book will give you everything you need to make your Django ORM queries faster.
What You Will Learn
- Profile your queries with Django tools, New Relic, and database query plans to identify slow spots
- Avoid the N+1 problem with `select_related()` and `prefetch_related()`
- Move work to the database with annotations, F queries, unions, and stored procedures
- Denormalize into JSONFields or redis when speed is more important
- Query read replicas through database routers
- Reduce memory usage by using iterators, server-side cursors, and `values()`
- Populate model instances with raw SQL queries
- Add indexes -- and understand the trade-offs inherent in using indexes- Paginate large result sets with cursor-based pagination
What You Will Get
- Ebook-only orders: A focused (30-50 page**) ebook in PDF, EPUB, and MOBI formats
- Ebook and print orders: Everything that ebook orders get, plus a print copy of the book
Supernatural Django ORM Performance will include the following learning features:
- Fantasy map illustrations to help you visualize the concepts
- A quiz at the end of each chapter to help you learn and recall the concepts
About the Author
Andrew Brookins has over ten years of software development experience, most of it with Django and Python. He currently works with Go and Python on the IBM Cloud Databases team, and in the past has worked for Dark Horse Comics, O'Reilly Media, as a defense contractor, and more.
For examples of his technical writing, see:
About Spellbook Press
Spellbook Press is a new technical publisher devoted to making focused, fun technical books.
In addition to publishing high-quality content, we intend to have a positive impact on society. We do this by:
- Seeking B Corporation certification in 2020
- Using 100% renewable power in all business operations by 2021
- Using technology and products that have the least harmful impact on the environment
- Developing fair contracts with writers based on guidance from the Author’s Guild
- Buying from local businesses and artists as often as is possible
- Employing workers at fair market rates
- Seeking out diverse authors, artists, and designers to work with
- Releasing an annual Social Responsibility report with details on all these commitments
**: The book will be however long it needs to be, but not longer than 50 pages.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share