MiniloCC XD 3.4 - Max4Live device
This Max4Live device provides full resolution (up to 10 bit) CC playback for all the pots of the wonderful Korg Minilogue XD synthesizer - now including support for the Ableton Push 2 controller!
Check @vaneeten on Instagram for a time-limited discount code to get version 3.4 for the same price as version 2.2!
Since version 3.0 of MiniloCC XD, every dial in the device also supports recording. This includes all the corrections for the non-linear Pitch, EG_INT and Delay time controls.
Version 3.4 adds support for the Shift-Shape dial and the Multiengine Type dial. All MiniloCC XD's dials have been assigned to a convenient collection of banks for the Push 2 controller. A new Manual override button allows playback and recording of CC messages while transport is not running.
To prevent infinite midi loopback, MiniloCC XD has two separate modes: Playback and Recording. Activating recording automatically arms the track. You can use this to sync the dials of MiniloCC XD with the pots on the Minilogue XD: every pot you turn is reflected on MiniloCC XD, and the corresponding section is automatically enabled.
Instead of providing only 7 bit values (0-127), this device allows the Ableton automation lanes to send 10 bit values. The control values match the values you see on the display of the Minilogue XD, which is 0 to 1023 for most controls.
For the Pitch and EG INT controls, we took another very useful step:
The Pitch controls represent the actual detune in cents, using a piecewise linear model, conform the display of the Minilogue XD. A pitch sweep using these Pitch controls sounds smooth and also linear (!), something that cannot be achieved using Ableton's native CC automation. You can hear the difference on SoundCloud! The non-linear EG-INT control also has a dedicated (square-root) model to better match the display of the Minilogue XD, and the Delay time control supports the piecewise linear model inside your Minilogue XD.
Since version 3.0, recording of CC controls is supported as well, and the inverse of the correction models is applied to the recording mode of MiniloCC XD.
Because Ableton Live “thins out” incoming midi CC data while transport is running, MiniloCC XD 3.3 introduces a scaled 7 bit recording mode while transport is running. The recorded values are scaled to the full 0-1023 range, and the slope corrections for the non-linear Pitch, EG_INT and Delay time controls are still applied. For the pitch dials, special care is taken to ensure that the semitone steps (using shift-pitch on the Minilogue XD) are properly recorded as multiples of 100 cents.
The new Auto mute function makes it much easier to use the Minilogue XD for multiple tracks. Typically, you would want one track to play at a time because the Minilogue XD is monotimbral so it can only play one patch at a time. Just muting the other tracks in Ableton does not help, as it only prevents audio output but it won’t prevent MIDI data to be sent to the Minilogue XD.
The solution is ‘Auto mute’: by placing a MiniloCC XD device on each of the tracks that you route to the Minilogue XD, and having the ‘Auto mute’ enabled on each of the tracks, you can now properly mute the tracks that you don’t want to play.
You can store the active state of the dials in by clicking the STORE button in the PRESET section and automatically reload the saved state every you stop playback. This is very useful for initializing all dials at the start of a track!
The Rate limit can be used to reduce the midi data stream in case it overloads the buffer.
If you have any questions about the software, it's functionality or usage please contact me BEFORE purchase, as I cannot offer refunds on software downloads.
Required Software: Ableton Live 10 Suite (tested with 10.1.15)
Required Hardware: Korg Minilogue XD (firmware 2.1)
Optional Hardware: Ableton Push 2 controller
This product is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Korg.
* Added dials for the Shift-Shape and Multi Type controls
* Added manual override to send controls while playback is stopped
* Added bank assignments for the Ableton Push 2 controller
* Bugfix for detection of playback mode
* Implemented workaround for reliable real-time CC recording.
In stopped mode, CC recording is still 10-bit (except portamento).
* Added tutorial on real-time recording
* Sends actual state of control dials for all enabled sections when playback starts.
* Preset system allows saving and loading of the current state of all dials, with the 'Auto load' function loading the saved state at start and stop.
* New 'Auto mute' function, which can be enabled, blocks all midi output when a track is muted.
This allows you to have several tracks routed to the Minilogue XD and playback one at a time. Tip: put a MiniloCC XD device on each track routed to the MiniloCC XD, just for this feature!
* Removed 'All notes off' to make room for Auto mute, as Ableton already does this for you (Stop button). Also reorganized this section for a more useful layout.
* Improved rejection of incomplete CC data in recording mode.
* Added recording mode for all dials, with automatic track arming.
* Changed EG-INT to floating point datatype, which works better in Ableton. Changed labels for several dials to ensure that each automation lane has a unique name.
* Added support for the effects controls, with Delay Time control ranging from 30 to 654 ms, to match the display of Minilogue XD for non-BPM synched delays
* Changed ableton control range from 0.0-127.0 to 0-1023, to match the display of Minilogue XD
* Implemented Pitch control in cents, ranging from -1200 to 1200, to match the display of Minilogue XD
* Implemented non-linear EG INT control, ranging from -100.0% to 100.0% (square-root approximation)
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.