MiniloCC XD 4.4 - Max4Live device
This Max4Live device provides full resolution (up to 10 bit) CC playback for all the pots of the wonderful Korg Minilogue XD synthesizer - now including enhanced support for the Ableton Push 2 controller!
Check @vaneeten on Instagram for a time-limited discount code!
- User-friendly interface for all pots of the Minilogue XD
- High-res playback of CC automation lanes with curve corrections
- Recording of automation lanes with curve corrections
- Enhanced support for Ableton Push 2 controller with automatic play/record switching
Version 4 is a complete overhaul of the user interface and the workflow, making it much easier to use than the previous version. Each of dials of MiniloCC XD now has a Playback/Record toggle, allowing combined playback and recording for overdubbing of automation lanes.
All MiniloCC XD's dials have been assigned to a convenient collection of banks for the Push 2 controller.
Just touching an encoder switches the corresponding dial in MiniloCC XD to playback mode. Touch it while holding the shift button to set it back to record mode.
Instead of providing only 7 bit values (0-127), this device allows the Ableton automation lanes to send 10 bit values. The control values match the values you see on the display of the Minilogue XD, which is 0 to 1023 for most controls.
For the Pitch and EG INT controls, we took another very useful step:
The Pitch controls represent the actual detune in cents, using a piecewise linear model, conform the display of the Minilogue XD. A pitch sweep using these Pitch controls sounds smooth and also linear (!), something that cannot be achieved using Ableton's native CC automation. You can hear the difference on SoundCloud! The non-linear EG-INT control also has a dedicated (square-root) model to better match the display of the Minilogue XD, and the Delay time control supports the piecewise linear model inside your Minilogue XD.
Recording of CC controls is supported as well, and the inverse of the correction models is applied to the recording mode of MiniloCC XD. Because Ableton Live “thins out” incoming midi CC data while transport is running, MiniloCC XD uses a scaled 7 bit recording mode while transport is running. The recorded values are scaled to the full 0-1023 range, and the slope corrections for the non-linear Pitch, EG_INT and Delay time controls are still applied. For the pitch dials, special care is taken to ensure that the semitone steps (using shift-pitch on the Minilogue XD) are properly recorded as multiples of 100 cents.
The new Auto mute function makes it much easier to use the Minilogue XD for multiple tracks. Typically, you would want one track to play at a time because the Minilogue XD is monotimbral so it can only play one patch at a time. Just muting the other tracks in Ableton does not help, as it only prevents audio output but it won’t prevent MIDI data to be sent to the Minilogue XD.
The Rate limit can be used to reduce the midi data stream in case it overloads the buffer.
If you have any questions about the software, it's functionality or usage please contact me BEFORE purchase, as I cannot offer refunds on software downloads.
Required Software: Ableton Live 10 Suite (tested with 10.1.18)
Required Hardware: Korg Minilogue XD (firmware 2.1)
Optional Hardware: Ableton Push 2 controller
This product is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Korg.
* Fixed auto mute
* Code cleanup
* Fixed "BNK" display (for Push)
* Playback of automation does not require Ableton transport to be playing
* Output of several dials fixed
* Major overhaul of the workflow
* Playback/record toggle for each dial, allowing combined playback and recording
for overdubbing of automation lanes
* Automatic mode switching using Push 2 (just touch the encoder in Edit Mode).
* Preset system removed (due to conflict with automation lanes)
* Global playback/record mode and automatic track arming removed
* Added dials for the Shift-Shape and Multi Type controls
* Added manual override to send controls while playback is stopped
* Added bank assignments for the Ableton Push 2 controller
* Bugfix for detection of playback mode
* Implemented workaround for reliable real-time CC recording.
In stopped mode, CC recording is still 10-bit (except portamento).
* Added tutorial on real-time recording
* Sends actual state of control dials for all enabled sections when playback starts.
* Preset system allows saving and loading of the current state of all dials, with the 'Auto load' function loading the saved state at start and stop.
* New 'Auto mute' function, which can be enabled, blocks all midi output when a track is muted.
This allows you to have several tracks routed to the Minilogue XD and playback one at a time. Tip: put a MiniloCC XD device on each track routed to the MiniloCC XD, just for this feature!
* Removed 'All notes off' to make room for Auto mute, as Ableton already does this for you (Stop button). Also reorganized this section for a more useful layout.
* Improved rejection of incomplete CC data in recording mode.
* Added recording mode for all dials, with automatic track arming.
* Changed EG-INT to floating point datatype, which works better in Ableton. Changed labels for several dials to ensure that each automation lane has a unique name.
* Added support for the effects controls, with Delay Time control ranging from 30 to 654 ms, to match the display of Minilogue XD for non-BPM synched delays
* Changed ableton control range from 0.0-127.0 to 0-1023, to match the display of Minilogue XD
* Implemented Pitch control in cents, ranging from -1200 to 1200, to match the display of Minilogue XD
* Implemented non-linear EG INT control, ranging from -100.0% to 100.0% (square-root approximation)
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.