Are you ready to begin your career as a concept artist in the video game industry but don't know where to start?
The Big Bad World of Concept Art for Video Games: How to Start Your Career as a Concept Artist is book two in the Big Bad series, delving deeper into the subjects and topics explored previously in An Insider's Guide for Students. Going beyond the amateur level, this guide prepares the upcoming professional, or any other artist, for a future in the entertainment industry.
Whether you are a graduating student joining the workforce, a young professional who has just broken into the job market, or even an existing professional frustrated with your current situation, receive help figuring out what comes next for a fulfilling career.
We all graduate from school with the mindset that as long as we produce great artwork, we'll have no problem finding work and ultimately, land that dream gig. Unfortunately, that’s far from the truth. This book is written specifically for artists who are struggling to gain traction with their careers and for those who already have their foot in the door, but are unhappy with their current situation at work.
The goal of this book is to teach artists and recent graduates specifically how to position themselves for success in this hyper-competitive industry. If you’re ready to up your game and start hustling, then this in depth guide book will show you what you need to do.
Here is a quick rundown of a few topics:
GETTING STARTED and CREATING CONTENT
• The importance of setting your long-term goals, now!
• How to find your own personal voice and represent yourself as an artist
• 5 ways to define what makes your work unique
DEALING WITH THE PROCESS
• Understanding the interview process
• What studios should you work at and why
• How to find the right like-minded studio.
BRANDING / MARKETING / PROMOTION
• Portfolios, online presence and creating your brand
• The importance of community participation (physical
interaction and virtual interaction)
PRICING YOUR TALENTS
• Starting out, then slowly raising the bar
• How to create a strong cover letter and resume that highlights your value
• The psychology of salary negotiation, and how to make sure you aren't taken advantage of.
THE BOTTOM LINE
• What’s important to you?
• How to achieve your long term goals.
• The importance of continued critical analysis of yourself and your peers
And much more...
As seen in An Insiders Guide For Students, Eliott once again teaches by example, and showcase his own success and failures as case studies so that you can learn from his mistakes and benefit from his successes.
This is a signed copy of the book plus you'll get a sticker and few extra goodies.
If you are interested in this book, be sure to also checkout the supporting website: http://bigbadworldofconceptart.com/ for advice, resources, artist interviews, and more.
DOMESTIC (USA) SHIPPING ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. International shipping gets crazy expensive. It can cost $85 to ship a $35 dollar book. Yikes. As an alternative, pick up a copy on Amazon.com (It won't be signed or doodled, but at least you'll have the information).
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share