There's always hype around new platforms, and everybody wants a new platform of their own. Yet we don't stop to think about how these platforms might actually be inhibiting the conversations we crave.
This session will challenge the fundamental idea of a platform--what it is, what it does, and why its emergence may not exactly solve the problem it sets out to solve. Panelists will explain why it's healthy to be wary about new platform opportunities, and why we need to be critical about racing to populate a platform before seriously grappling with what it affords users and creators alike. Panelists include:
• Parker Jones, VP of International, Fullscreen
• Erik Korsh, Head of Studios, Jellysmack
• Craig Parks, GM of Brands, Jukin Media
• Stone Roberts, SVP of Global Strategy, Refinery29
• Chris Rudy, Co-Founder and CSO, Cut.com (Moderator)
• Emma White, Vice President, Portal A