PsDotNet is a strongly typed .NET library used to automate Adobe Photoshop. It currently supports CS3 through 2019.
PsDotNet allows you to use the same code for all basic functionality for all supported versions of Photoshop. The library also handles breaking API changes as well as adding new functionality for newer versions.
PsDotNet allows developers to automate a significant amount of Photoshop’s functionality:
- Opening, saving, and renaming documents
- Document, art layer, layer set, layer masks, and channel creation and duplication
- Art Layer and Layer Set reordering
- Crop, rotate or flip a image or art layer
- Resize the image or canvas
- Copy and pasting content from one document to another
- Applying filters and styles to art layers
- Creating and utilizing paths and subpaths
- Getting or setting the foreground and background colors
This list can go on and on, but suffice it to say that you can automate pretty much everything except the actual brush painting the canvas.
Additionally it provides a foundation on which developers can create additional functionality by using Photoshop’s Action Manager classes all within C#. See information on PsDotNet Listener companion application for specifics.
- Updates to the Library are free.
- Additional information can be found at http://psdotnet.com/
This library is intended to be used on computers using Windows. Has not been tested on Linux or with Mono.
Personal, Micro, Small, Medium, Large licenses are available. A Source Code license version is also available upon request.
- Personal licenses are not valid for commercial work.
- Micro, Small, Medium, and Large licenses are valid for commercial work. You only need a single license for a single organization.
- You can use the Library in as many applications as you need.