This treehouse is built in a single tree, providing a dramatic setting for the structure. The house itself is offset so that it wraps around one side of the trunk, with windows showing the trunk and a small alcove that can be used as a desk area. Also included are instructions for building on posts if you don't have suitable trees available. There are no complicated techniques to learn, no tricky joints to master and all the materials are readily available.
- For one tree between 1' and 2' diameter at floor level
- Includes a free guide to building this treehouse on posts, allowing it to be completely freestanding or have partial tree support
- 64sqft floor space, of which 40sqft is enclosed
- Tree-friendly design
- Eight windows allow views in all directions and down to the ground
- Small deck with tree through middle, surrounded by railings
- Large door (6' high) to suit adults and children
- Sleeps two adults or three children
- Includes marginless version of main files for ereaders (included in a ZIP file)
- 28 day satisfaction guarantee
- Help is available by e-mail
An access method (eg, stairs or ladder) is not included with these plans and will need to be built tofit your particular site.
This treehouse requires a single, healthy tree with a diameter between 1' and 2'. The trunk must be within 5° of vertical. The supports will need an area of cleared space 6' below floor level and branches above floor level may need to be trimmed to make space for the treehouse. This treehouse can also be built next to a larger tree using partial post support, or can be built entirely on posts if you have no suitable trees, with an additional guide included free when you order.
The tree is treated with respect throughout the building process. Only the supports are fixed to the tree so the house itself rests entirely on the platform without touching the tree. Bolts are precisely placed for strength, safety and to reduce restriction to the growth of the tree. This ensures that the tree remains healthy.
What you'll receive
The plan comes as three downloadable PDF files - the main treehouse guide and two supports options. This gives you instructions to build in a tree, next to a tree, or with no trees at all using posts.
- Main treehouse guide: 31 pages, 42 diagrams
- One tree supports guide: 23 pages, 28 diagrams
- Post supports guide: 36 pages, 41 diagrams