Z is a plugin for live link between Houdini and Zbrush.
Import and export of the geometry occurs automatically when you switch between ZBrush and Houdini windows.
You don't need to worry about the files in which the geometry stored.
An example of modeling in both programs at same time:
1. Create a model in Houdini.
2. Now when you need to use ZBrush modeling tools activate tool "Z Edit". As a result, ZBrush will start (if it is not running) and the geometry will be immediately ready for modeling.
3. Next, when you have finished working in ZBrush, simply activate the Houdini window, for example using Alt+Tab, and the edited geometry will appear in Houdini.
So you focus on modeling in both programs and do not need to click a lot of buttons to import or export.
You also can quickly import existing geometry from ZBrush.
1. You can retopologize models automatically without unnecessary actions using Remesher function
2. Z supports PolyPaint in both directions
3. You can also use ZScript snippets for advanced user-defined actions
Version 1.0 overview: https://vimeo.com/306682275
Update 1.1 overview: https://vimeo.com/307756474
- Z works in Windows and GNU/Linux
- Supported Houdini versions: 16.0, 16.5, 17.0
- To install ZBrush for Linux use link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=36461