PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, and process on that title. This issue covers Marvel Comics' Spider-Man: Life Story, by Chip Zdarsky, Mark Bagley, John Dell, Andrew Hennessy, Frank D'Armata, Travis Lanham, Alanna Smith and Tom Brevoort.
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Spider-Man: Life Story features:
- In-depth interview with the team behind the comic
- Chip Zdarsky writes about his approach to the beautiful single issue cover design
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Additional essays and articles on time in comics, the power of the ageing hero, building reality in the series, and much more.
For the regular features:
- Critic Ritesh Babu writes about Action Comics for Final Thoughts.
- Artist/writer of Kiri, Bob Q, goes step-by-step in a guide to creating comics.
- Tara Marie on the interaction between fanfic and comics creation.
- Big Talk features Jason Hammons interviewing Walt and Louise Simonson from SDCC.
Of course, the usual bunch of recommendations from writers, artists, fans, critics and shops as to what they've been enjoying this month.
Available August 28th.