PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, and process on that title. This issue covers Image Comic's November, by Matt Fraction, Elsa Charretier, Matt Hollingsworth, and Kurt Ankeny.
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the November features:
- In-depth interview with the team behind the comic
- Elsa Charretier's art process
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Additional essays and articles on the presentation of the city as a prison, the postmillennial neo-noir, narrative reveals and repetition, and more.
For the regular features:
- A full-length comic by Jed McPherson and Chris Shehan: Deadbeat.
- Indie comics creator and critic Gary Moloney looks at Dragonball Z in Final Thoughts.
- Writer Henry Barajas takes us through the process of turning a true story into a comic.
- Justin Micallef joins Solo to discuss Twilight of the Bat's take on gritty-ing kids comics.
- Big Talk features Bruce Kim and Katia Vecchio interviewing each other about their work on Wild Strawberries at the World's End.
Of course, the usual bunch of recommendations from writers, artists, fans, critics and shops as to what they've been enjoying this month.
Available November 27th.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.