PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, process pieces and an exclusive Strip Panel Naked column all focused around that comic. The 33rd issue features Batman: Universe by Brian Michael Bendis, Nick Derington and Dave Stewart.
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Batman: Universe features:
- Interview with the creative team
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Additional essays and articles on costume design, the malleability of Batman, the power of the McGuffin, and a look back at Bendis' writing.
For the regular features:
- A short comic, Lady Shinobi.
- Final Thoughts on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, by Rebecca Henley-Weiss.
- Craft Corner with the Bitter Root team.
- In Big Talk, Once and Future's Dan Mora and Kieron Gillen interview each other.
- For Solo, Tiffany Babb on HiLo.
Of course, the usual bunch of recommendations from writers, artists, fans, critics and shops as to what they've been enjoying this month.
Available March 25th.