PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100 ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, process pieces and an exclusive Strip Panel Naked column all focused around that comic. The 35th issue features Lucy Knisley's Stepping Stones.
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Stepping Stones features:
- An interview with various kids, mid-grade and YA graphic novel authors and artists
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling in Stepping Stones
- Additional essays and articles on youth and anxiety, Knisley's comics and food, balancing formal storytelling elements for audience, and a look at the kids GN market.
For the regular features:
- A short comic by Lonnie Nadler, Errol Stussi and Dee Cunniffe.
- Final Thoughts on Gwenpool.
- Craft Corner with Kumail Rizvi.
- In Big Talk, Old Haunts creators Ollie Masters, Rob Williams and Laurence Campbell interview each other.
- For Solo, Jim Starlin and Thanos.
Of course, the usual bunch of recommendations from writers, artists, fans, critics and shops as to what they've been enjoying this month.
Available May 27th.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.