A collection of liveries (does not include the plane) applicable to VSkyLabs' Douglas C-47 Skytrain version 2.8 for X-Plane 11. Depicting most of the liveries for each of the original purchasers of the then-new Douglas DST and DC-3 models before World War II interrupted commercial production.
1. AB Aerotransport SE-BAA "Ornen"
2. Aer Lingus EI-ACA
3. Air France F-ARQJ
4. Airlines of Australia VH-UZJ "Kyilla"
5. American NC25673 "Flagship Big Spring"
6. Braniff NC25666
7. Canadian Colonial NC21750
8. Československá Letecká Společnost OK-AIE
9. Chicago and Southern NC25626
10. China National 46
11. Civil Aeronautics Authority NC14
12. Dai Nippon Kōkū J-BDOL "Kashiwa"
13. Delta NC28340 "City of Atlanta"
14. Eastern NC16095 "338"
15. Far East Fur Trading MT-16
16. Hawaiian NC33606 "Mauna Loa"
17. KLM PH-ALW "Wielewaal"
18. Liniile Aeriene Române Exploatate de Stat (LARES) YR-PAF
19. North Eastern F-6
20. Northeast NC33622
21. Northwest NC21712 "302"
22. Pan American - Grace NC14967
23. Pan American NC18115
24. Pennsylvania Central NC21784 "Capital Liner Rocky Mount"
25. SABENA OO-AUI
26. Swissair HB-IRA
27. Transcontinental and Western Air NC17312 "350"
28. United NC16065
29. US Army Air Corps 41-7693
30. US Navy 4707 "Anacostia"
31. Western Air Express NC18101
View the Google Photos gallery for this collection at:
* These add-on liveries are for application upon the VSkyLabs ("VSL") Douglas C-47 Skytrain Flying Lab Project digital aircraft model version 2.8 for X-Plane 11. Obtain it from...
* Each exterior texture is customized to represent the subject livery as it appeared during targeted year.
* Likewise, several separate interior textures are designed to faithfully depict the aircraft's cabin space.
* As of version 2.79, passenger seat visibility is toggled in the simulator by clicking upon the equipment rack located aft of the co-pilot's position. Some SimSmith liveries intentionally do not display the equipment rack although the hot-spot is still in force (watch your pointer change as you move it).
* As of version 2.8, external doors can be opened by clicking upon them when viewed from the interior. Some liveries represent passenger door equipped aircraft, which are painted as such but not aligned with the moving cargo door objects.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, implementing Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") when appropriate.
* Custom ski textures are also provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their (optional) activation.
* An optional replacement for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions.
1. X-Plane version 11
2. A legal copy of the VSkyLabs' Douglas C-47 Skytrain model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this collection (about 820 MegaBytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSkyLabs or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from SimSmith.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSkyLabs or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith collection.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Contributions via https://simsmith.codes enables the production of future X-Plane add-ons.
* Purchases via https://store.x-plane.org/SimSmith_bymfg_117-0-1.html are the ultimate compliment.