* * * The Fantasy * * *
Looking for new waterfront property? Would 140 miles of pristine Gulf shoreline be enough for you? Well, then we offer you some sur-real estate to satisfy that requirement ...plus many more amenities, upon a solitary island centered in the Gulf of Mexico!
Unspoiled Isla Beta is located 300 nautical miles South of Galveston, Texas and 740 nm West of Miami, Florida. It is approximately 37 nautical miles long and 20 wide, with a peak elevation of 375 feet. Within its encompassing white beaches, you will find great sprawls of grassland, wetland and broad-leafed forests teeming with native fauna. Isla Beta spans over 535 square nautical miles or 183,850 hectares, giving you ample room for future development if you desire. Twenty-one unmolested rivers and a single large lake offer astounding access to fresh-water activities for any avid sportsperson.
Watch the wildlife and the ever changing Gulf view from the back porch of the freshly-built concrete-pier coastal-colonial styled stilt home. This main residence boasts 4675 square feet of living space plus a full-width screened-in porch with outdoor kitchen and dining spaces. Five bedrooms and four bathrooms provide plenty of room for you and your guests. 2770 square feet of climate-controlled storage space on the ground floor provides the space to store your recreational gear and optionally build-out additional living space. A three-car garage will keep your vehicles safe and dry. Power is primarily generated by onshore wind turbines with adequate battery storage, plus diesel-powered generator sets for each major structure.
The transportation infrastructure is oriented for aircraft, with four facilities currently in service. Closest to the owner's residence at The Southern End, a 10,000 foot-long asphalt runway defines the largest airport, with a fueling depot, three metal hangars (one currently nearing completion) and ample apron space. A 3,000 foot dirt strip is located at The Northern End, with its own wind turbine. A remote helipad is situated near the Eastern shore, serving as the excursion point for hikes into the island's interior forests. Off the Southwestern shore, a 4,000 foot water runway has been established with a supporting seaplane dock. Water vessels are supported by a 250 foot concrete-and-wood pier located just North of the owner's residence. A freshly-paved asphalt road connects the pier to the residence and onward to the primary airport.
So come and enjoy the breathtaking sunrises and sunsets that only an island in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico can provide!
* * * The Reality * * *
The set of files that comprise this package will add fictitious scenery to your installation of X-Plane version 11. This new scenery will be located well offshore from any real-world topology, so there will be be no conflicts upon its installation.
Enjoy this scenery as it is installed for...
* an intermediate stopover during a long journey
* the exploration of land that has never been seen before
* a guilt-free target to release aircraft ordnance
or, modify the scenery to...
* create the secret base that you've always wanted but couldn't get the necessary permits to build
* learn how to use World Editor (WED) upon new topology without risking damage to existing scenery
* enhance your World Editor (WED) skills by practicing new techniques in a really-big sandbox
* try out other scenery-editing tools in a care-free environment
* About 70 Megabytes of local storage space
* Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move files & folders
Instructions for installing this scenery are provided in the included "_read me first" text file.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with or endorsed by Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the files included with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package are not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from the developer.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package.
* Support requests should be sent by Private Message on this website or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.