FreeBSD is one of the oldest and most featureful open-source Unix-like operating systems. FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials takes you on a deep dive into FreeBSD’s disk management systems.
FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials
You’ll learn about:
- identifying your storage hardware
- the Common Access Method
- GEOM–FreeBSD’s powerful and flexible stackable storage system
- GUID Partition Tables, the modern disk partitioning standard
- MBR/disklabel partitioning, used by older and embedded systems
- avoiding common partitioning errors
- aligning partitions to the physical disk, for peak performance
- the high-performance Unix File System
- tuning UFS to fit your environment and load
- Two ways to journal filesystems, and when to use each
- The GELI and GBDE disk encryption systems, and when to use each
- Software-based disk mirroring, striping, RAID-5 and RAID-10.
- Custom FreeBSD installs
Don’t just configure your storage. Understand it. Get FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials today!