In this live recorded workshop featuring Brett Solomano indie filmmakers learn when, why, and how they need to work with a professional stunt man, or stunt team, in order to capture fight scenes, accidents, and other action scenes in their film. This is an important workshop for producers who want to produce better projects for less while protecting their cast and crew.
It’s also an important event for actors to attend if they want to become familiar with what is and is not a stunt, how they can be allowed to do some of their own stunts, and how to become a stunt peformer.
Topics covered include:
- What is a stunt?
- Why it’s important to get stunt professionals for even the simplest action sequences
- How stunt professionals help filmmakers by raising the visual impact of scenes and shortening production schedules
- When, as a filmmaker, you should start having the conversation about stunts and who you should be talking to in order to get your budgets and shooting schedules right during development.
- Who needs to be on set to do a stunt
- Who designs and executes a stunt
- Where to find stunt professionals and stunt equipment for a production
- What’s involved in different types of stunt scenes including pyrotechnics, vehicles, hand-to-hand combat, falls, wire work, water work, climbing, parkour, professional sports?
- When and why “action actors” do their own stunts
- How performers become an action actors
- How to become a stunt professional
- How stunt performers work with stunt coordinators to get work.
- How stunt performers get their work
This workshop features Brett Solomano, a working stuntman with credits such as The Walking Dead (doubling “Negan”), NCIS: LA, Doom Patrol, Queen of the South and the upcoming film A Quiet Place 2. He has been in the industry for over ten years and is part of SAG-AFTRA. Between shows, Brett has spent time driving (thousands of hours) in big trucks and has also studied and instructed people on rockclimbing, parkour, gymnastics, drifting and freediving. You can learn more about Brett at https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4420005/
If you have questions about this workshop, email firstname.lastname@example.org.