Are you getting ready for a requirements elicitation event?
Are you new to this?
Holding a requirements elicitation event without a plan can be likened to going to war without understanding your strengths and weaknesses. If you know what to do before, during and after an elicitation event, you will be better positioned to elicit accurate requirements and solve business problems.
There's nothing like a collection of quick tips and templates to get you started on the right foot...
A Beginner's Guide To Requirements Elicitation: What To Do Before The Event
Discover a world of quick tips that can be applied to organizing workshops, focus groups, interviews, and practically any event that involves interacting with a group of stakeholders to elicit information by triggering discussions and clarifying assumptions.
While there are no guaranteed and set-in-stone approaches to organizing successful elicitation events, the tips in this beginner's guide will significantly increase your chances of achieving the objectives of your event by exploring the power of visualization.
A Beginner's Guide To Requirements Elicitation: What To Do During The Event
A good facilitator knows when, how and why to question, listen, visualize, engage, empathise, manage issues and round up discussions to arrive at an accurate representation of requirements.
This eBook touches on each of the key activities that need to take place during a requirements elicitation event for success.
A Beginner's Guide To Requirements Elicitation: What To Do After The Event
From analysing data and preparing deliverables to supporting stakeholders through other stages of the solution development lifecycle, the role of the BA is certainly key to successful projects.
After the event, it is important to follow up on action points, plans and issues that have been discussed. The end of the elicitation event does not signify the end of business analysis activities, but the beginning of the BA’s involvement in other aspects of the project.
Ebooks can be downloaded in PDF, EPUB & MOBI formats.
You'll Also Get Elicitation Event Templates:
1. A recommended checklist of activities to be completed before the elicitation event that will help you keep track of how ready you are.
2. A template for preparing your event agenda to help you schedule activities and resources for the day.
3. A Requirements Questionnaire & Response Template for organizing the questions to ask stakeholders and documenting the responses received. This questionnaire can be used before the event (for compiling questions or distributing to stakeholders prior to the event) or during the event (for taking note of responses received per question). It also includes a Questioning Framework section for thinking through the relevance of each question and organizing questions by priority.
4. Action Plan Template: One of the outcomes of an elicitation event, which could be as simple as a 30-minute interaction with a stakeholder or as elaborate as a gathering of 20-30 stakeholders from different parts of an organization, can be a list of actions to be completed.
This template can be used for recording and tracking stakeholders’ actions for increased visibility and monitoring after the event. The actions that a stakeholder needs to take to resolve issues can also be logged using this template.
5. Requirements Specification Template: Specification documents are a means of documenting the requirements elicited after discussions with stakeholders. This template highlights relevant sections that should be filled out when describing requirements and can be customized to suit your requirements.
6. System Requirements Questionnaire: Comprises 100 questions that can help to trigger discussions with stakeholders.
Don't want the entire collection? Click here for single purchases
NEW ** Now contains a Minutes of Meeting template for documenting the minutes of meetings held with stakeholders. All the relevant sections you need are included.**
NEW ** Now contains a Business Case template for fleshing out the key sections of your business case before the elicitation event.**
NEW ** Now contains a Change Request template for capturing the details of change requests that come up during or after your project has been implemented.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Many thanks for your support!