SMO GC (GAME CONTENT) Kit is a set of tools that focus on creating Kitbash assets library and Game Content development for Unity.
(UE4 preset are currently in dev).
I want to point out also that it could help a lot your production on other stuff than Game Content.
- ArchViz (it can help you to build large library of Assets as Mesh Presets)
- Product Design (for creating variation of the MeshFusion or morphed animation)
For all updated information please have a look:
On the Foundry Forums:
Contact me on Twitter: twitter.com/sm0luck
On the Foundry Slack server: foundry-modo.slack.com
I've built it up over years of daily work in Modo, to speedup my workflow as well as avoiding any issue when dealing with new release of Modo.
As always, nothing could be done without the support of all the community over the years. I want to thanks again, William V, Seneca M, Cristobal V, Adam O'H , Mario B, Yazan M, Richard Y, Ymmanuel F, James O'H and every other Kit Developers that have empowered Modo along the way. It is an inspiration for everyone and helped me a lot on learning how to make kit myself.
As usual, i'll release it as a Beta, starting from release 1.31. I'm currently cleaning, adjusting and converting or removing scripts, depending on the interest of users as well as their perspicacity for this Master Kit. It's the biggest kit for me in terms of content. It's far more easy for me to do Meshops preset for sure, but the challenge worth it i think for the pleasure of everyone here.
It comes 3 different Key Topic in mind.
- 1st: Improving the Procedural MeshOps integration to your pipeline. Having the opportunity to speed up Asset modeling iteration via Procedural workflow can be really powerful, and give you more time and flexibility.
- 2nd: Understanding how Modo works, in order to tame it easily.
It include bunch of commented Fragmented Config file that will help you understand how Preference / Keymap / and UI works in Modo.
- 3rd: Improving Workflow via Pie Menus, Macro and Scripts.
A Master pie and a set of other sub Pie in it. All Key mapped, with loads of Script and Macro to speed up everything you may need during Assets Development.
2019/11/10 - Update (2.59)
- 2 New Pie menus dedicated to Direct Modeling via SMO MIFABOMA Kit:
Mirror / FallOff / Bools / Match
- SMO COLOR BAR Kit added.
- QuadRemesher Support for Export MeshOp Rig to FBX Sequence.
- UV Smart tools completly revamped to improve result even faster, with Relax post process include in all the Unwrap scripts.
- Numerous Bugfix and improvements.
2019/07/06 - Update (1.99)
- Smart UV Tools
- Item Color Bar
- Baking Scripts
- MeshOp Rig Export to OBJ Sequence
- Match Item Pos/Rot/Scl
- Vertical Menu
- And more scripts/improvement/bugfix all across the kit.
2019/03/24 - About Preferences (1.42)
- Added a video talking about Config Files in the Kit.
2019/03/21 - 1.40
- Scripts and Pie-menu bugfix
2019/03/20 - MeshOpRig To FBX and Load as Array - Features Video
2019/03/18 - Modeling PieMenu - Boolean - Features Video
2019/03/15 - Update: Beta 1.35 - Compatibility Improved.
- Test passed on Modo 12.0v1, 12.1v2, 12.2v2 and 13.0 RC0
2019/03/14 - Update: Installation Video
(you need at least Modo 12.2v3 to run this kit to enjoy the Rebevel tool)
For installation please refer to the readme.txt in the Zip archive and follow the steps of the installation video on youtube.
As for every Product / Art piece / Assets that you do like everyone of us, please do not share those files, as you didn't want to see your work shared on internet without your permission. I'm sure you'll understand that point.
This kit and his content can be used for professional and personal usage as well. Feel free to send some link of stuff that you do with it. And please don't share any files from the kit
It can be really a powerful motivation for me.
If you have any comments on the showcase videos, please post your comment on my Discord channel ( https://discord.gg/fqgWnbC ) or via Twitter and please subscribe and like videos on my Youtube channel.
Franck aka Smoluck