Radar Bot is a project I did for my first Wizix-Contest. The rule was simply to turn into 3D and give back as best as possible the mood of the Ivan Rastrigin's concept in one month.
So, I try myself to participate on this contest and record everything on Live and off. It's the reason why it's more a "making-of" than a tutorial. You've about 31 hours of video, some are with comments (french and a bit of english), some are with music, some are without audio.
Anyway, the idea here is to give you a global understanding on how I deal with this particular project.
Technically, as a "project for fun" I try myself different tools than my commons one. So it's the main reason you will see me here on 3dsMax and Fstorm for example, just for fun and testing.
- Modeling is done on Maya (help with my scripts of course).
- Clothes are done on Maya.
- Texturing is done with Photoshop, Mari and Substance Painter (for mask).
- Lighting and Shading are done in Fstorm (and 3dsMax so).
- There is also a bit of Quixel Megascan and Zbrush.
Maya cloth dynamics is old and slow. But all the nice constraint features allow me to have a more precise control than in Marvelous.
Wizix-Contest :I launched a series of contests on my Discord. Each month we choose a subject and work all together on it's for fun and try to improve our skill (there also some goodies to win). So if you're interest by the next one, just join us (and well read the Discord rules).
Wizix-Contest on Discord : https://discord.gg/r5axyfv
LiveStream :I made a lot of Livestream on different subject and project (this Gumroad was half recorded on Live), so thinks to subscribe to be notify when I'm Live.
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/wzxcg
Youtube Live : https://www.youtube.com/user/WiZiX333/live
ON PURCHASE YOU GET :
- 31 hours of video - Realtime - 1440p - 40go.
(some whit comments, cam, musics or no audio)
- The final scene (require 3dsMax 2017 and Fstorm).
- The RadarBot model (.ma, .obj, .fbx).