You can run your own web design business from home, from a cafe or from a beach, all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
However, over 50% of small businesses fail within the first year and 95% will fail within the first five years. And there are many potential pitfalls for the web designer: getting no work; not getting paid; or working silly hours on poorly paid jobs.
To have a successful web design business you need to juggle effective marketing, sound accounting, and systems – as well as doing the work for clients! And to do that, you need a plan…
“I’ve just bought and read your book and I wanted to say thank you! It covers several things that I know already, but many of which I haven’t put into practice yet, and I’m so grateful for the nudge to focus on them again. It also contains really useful links. However, the best thing about it is that it is feels enabling and empowering – the honesty and joy of your own journey in design really shines through and it has re-energised me. I have neglected my own site for about 18 months, while “too busy” working on other people’s sites and I am now resolved to give it the attention it sorely needs!” – Tia A
My new e-book Running A Web Design Business tells you everything you need to know about how to set up a web design business, how to get the best (paying) clients and how to set your business strategy to make the most money without working stupid hours!
What people are saying
As soon as I published the book I began to get excellent feedback. I’m really grateful to everyone who has contacted me about the book.
“I’ve just purchased a copy of your fantastic new e-book Running a Web Design Business. The book is a terrific piece of work and I am really enjoying it.” – Tim S
How to run a successful web design business
My name is Rob Cubbon and I have been running a successful web design business for many years which turns in more profit year after year.
How did I do it? Well, it’s not because I’m the best designer in the world, that’s for sure! 😉 Here are some essential questions I’ll answer for you:
- What software and hardware you will need to start and grow the business?
- How do you get clients? How you handle clients on email, on the phone in real life?
- Do you need contracts? If so, what you put in a contract.
- How do you get paid? What are the best ways to ensure you get paid properly and on time?
“Wow! I have been in the website design and hosting business for over ten years and in the first 10-minutes with your book I was shocked at how badly I have done.” – Ed C
It isn’t easy being the chief designer, developer, accountant, marketer and CEO of a web design company, but that’s want you’ve got to be! I explain how to do all these things effectively so you can efficiently divide your time between work, rest and play.
What the experts are saying
Chris Spooner, creative designer and avid blogger, says, “One amazingly thorough book! It will definitely come in handy for anyone looking to get started in this industry. There’s a couple of sections I’m going to read in more detail to pick up some new tips too!”
Jon Phillips, designer, developer, entrepreneur, lover of typography, says, “Awesome! It’s really well done, nicely laid out and easy to browse.”
Mike Smith, WordPress design and development, says “I love the interactive links to jump to different areas as as well as how you did all the graphs. Really well put together and definitely worth paying for.”
Web business tips and techniques
In order to build a company that offers complete digital solutions rather than being an overworked freelancer you will need to learn the following:
- How to start The first essential tasks necessary to start your web design business.
- How to continue The basic principles behind the business.
- Getting work Should you signup on bidding sites, cold call or concentrate on your site to bring in business?
- Dealing with clients How much information, what to say and when to say it.
- Numerous tried-and-tested email transcripts to simply paste into your client emails.
- What to charge A simple sliding scale of charges and lists of extras to provide so you can charge premium rates!
- How to branch out How to offer logo design, print design, SEO and marketing services to your clients to expand your business…
- How to specialize …and ways to pinpoint your interests so you because the go-to business in a certain field.
- And, meet the designers. Direct advice from over 35 successful independent web designers!
All this and more is explained in the book.
Don’t just take my word for it [Bonus feature]
This isn’t just my business model. I surveyed over 35 different independent designers from the mega-successful to those just starting out. They answered questions like how much you should charge, how much time you should spend marketing, how you should get work and many more.
In fact I collate their answers and display them graphically to give you a complete picture of the life of a web design business owner.
This survey gives you an industry-wide perspective on running a web design business.
“I have just discovered your website and am really impressed by the quantity and quality of your articles. I have purchased your latest e-book which is informative and gives me confidence to try web design as a business.” – Sarah B
- Would you like to be an independent entrepreneur helping people and businesses succeed online?
- Would you like to know how to leverage your skills so you can run a successful web business?
- Would you like to earn good money building websites for great clients?
Money Back Guarantee
If you’re not satisfied with Running A Web Design Business eBook within 60 days, let me know and I’ll refund your money – that’s how confident I am in the effectiveness of this resource.
Download the Running A Web Design Business interactive PDF for only $9 by hitting the button above!
Running A Web Design Business is my most in-depth e-book yet with over 130 pages and 20,000 words of quality, actionable content.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.