Do you want to experience the beautiful game beyond Maracanã at this summer’s tournament? Eat Soccer’s Qiana Martin has compiled a game plan of memorable experiences for you in Rio de Janeiro. Having formerly lived and played football in the city, she has teamed up with club historians, bloggers and other members of the Carioca soccer community to provide readers with the best football bars to watch matches, beautiful game landmarks to visit, places to get in on pick-up games and restaurants frequented by soccer legends.
“I want to give fans a variety of ways to create priceless memories during their stay in Rio. Savoring Joga Bonito is the perfect manual to help time crunched tourists maneuver the crowds and celebrate their passion for the sport.” ~Qiana Martin
This digital guide is designed as a quick reference for enthusiasts who want to immerse themselves in Brazil’s soccer culture. Well organized, the ebook is divided into six sections:
• Scouting Report: A brief introduction to Rio’s major clubs
• Fan Fare: Where to eat, drink and watch World Cup matches in the city
• Studs Up: Tips for preventing, detecting and responding to criminal activity
• Goal Dance: A quick class on Brazil’s musical soccer history
• Extra Time: Local activities for enthusiasts who want more of the game