“Fantastic read! And just in time for a new project where I need to calculate the sample size.”
Is your study worth doing? Do you know how to design studies that work?
Using FAQs and a class-tested examples, this book will show you how to design studies that work!
In this jargon-free introduction, you will learn how to avoid the many problems that arise from misunderstanding issues of statistical power.
If you want to know;
then this is the book for you!
- how to calculate required sample sizes
- how to design studies with adequate levels of statistical power
- how to boost the power of an under-powered study
- why too much power can be just as bad as too little
- why you can’t draw substantive conclusions from p values
- which journals have had their average power levels surveyed
- how the majority of studies in the social sciences are fatally flawed by design
- how to ensure your study has the best chance of reaching definitive conclusions
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for buying this book! Don't forget to check out MadMethods.co for others in this series.