Transactional Analysis is one of the most useful behavior analysis and modification methodologies used in modern psychology. First defined by Eric Berne, it's based on the analysis of humans as social creatures who give, take, and share power in transactions. For more information on TA you should read "GAMES PEOPLE PLAY" and I'M OK, YOU'RE OK.
This video delivers a quick primer on TA and some games people play.
- TA describes how we sometimes wittingly, or unwittingly, reinforce the bad behavior of others.
- It reveals how and why people play complex "games" in order to get exactly the kind of attention they feel they need, even when they hate the feelings that go with that attention.
You will learn . . .
- Why people need/want to interact with one another on a social basis.
- An understanding of social "transactions" and the emotional economics involved in each one.
- How to quickly diagram conversations so you can figure out what's going right and what's going wrong in your interactions with others.
- How simply the tone of your voice can trigger functional (and dysfunctional) responses from others.
- How changing the tone of your voice can instantly reset the behavior of others.
- How the phrasing you use to describe what you want, don't want, and know, can dramatically increase, or decrease, the resistance you get from others.
- Common games people "play" with one another that frequently end up in divorce, fist fights, bad memories, and worse.
- Specific ways to rewire relationships that have been dysfunctional for years.
Questions? Please reach out to email@example.com.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico