VaFogOfWar implements fast and optimized fog of war solution for topdown games like Dota, StarCraft or League of Legends.
It's fast enough even to work on mid-end mobile devices, so it works like a charm on desktop.
- 400x400 meters demo level setup
- Obstacles and fog blocking volume usage examples
- Set of debug tools and materials for easy fog testing
- Kawase-based blur postprocess for smooth fog reveal
- Full Great Goose War character and environment assets pack
- Three types of layers: current visibility, global visibility (permanent from black), terrain
- Eight height levels supported (river, lowground, highground, etc.)
- Dynamic and static obstacles (trees, rocks, etc)
- Different types of radius strategy: circle, square and others
- Freeform fog blocking volumes as tool for terrain level painting
- Initial terrain levels can be set with heightmap
Plugin itself is released for free without any limitations, you can use it and modify as you want. Check https://github.com/ufna/VaFogOfWar and feel free to post your comments and feedback.