Rails on Docker is the complete course showing you how to use Docker in the development, testing and deployment of your Ruby on Rails apps.
Rails on Docker is delivered as DRM-free eBook, viewable on mobile, laptop, desktop, and eReader/Kindle
🎉 New in Version 2.0!
New release in January 2021 includes:
- Fully updated to be compatible with Rails 6.0.
- Adds details on using Selenium Grid for running system tests in separate containers.
- Use GitHub Actions and GitHub Container Registry for your application's CI/CD pipeline.
- Multiple small improvements and fixes to content.
📚What You'll Learn
Through the Rails on Docker course, you'll learn:
- What Docker is, why you should use it, and how to get started with Docker and Docker Compose.
- How to use Docker to simplify your development workflow (and make development across teams easy) by building a complete Rails application from scratch.
- How you can use Docker to split your app's various services into multiple containers and services.
- How Docker simplifies Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD), and helps ensure you have development, test and production environment parity.
- How to start and configure your own Docker virtual servers on which to host your app.
- How to deploy your Docker-based app in production, with scheduled (cron) jobs, backup services, asset hosting, and more.
- How you can use Github Actions to build a CI/CD pipeline.
- How to use Docker Compose and Docker Swarm to make your apps resilient to failure and instantly scalable to cope with demand.
- How you can design your apps around “disposable infrastructure” to let you quickly run your apps anywhere, and scale to any size.
After working through this course, you'll be ready to migrate your own Rails apps to Docker, consolidate your development environment and workflows, and make deployment easy and predictable.
📦 What You Get
- The eBook course in multiple formats (PDF, Mobi, ePub) suitable for reading on any device - mobile, desktop, tablets and Kindle.
- Free updates to new releases of the book.
🙏 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rails on Docker comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If within 30 days of purchasing the product, you're not entirely satisfied with the course for any reason, let me know and I'll refund your money - no questions asked.
👋 Who wrote this course?
Rails on Docker is written by Chris Blunt, a software consultant and developer based in Plymouth, UK. Chris has been using Rails to build web applications since 2008.
Today, Chris works with clients to design and support their apps for the long-term. He also provides consulting and technical training for software businesses and developers who are building products with Ruby on Rails and supporting technologies such as Docker.
To connect, follow @cblunt on Twitter and cbluntuk on LinkedIn. If you have any questions about the course or content, please reach out on social media, or get in touch via email.
❓I have a question...
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.