Rails on Docker is a complete eBook course showing you how to use Docker in the development, testing and deployment of your Ruby on Rails apps.
This is a pre-release purchase of the Rails on Docker book. Buy today and you'll receive an early-access copy of the book, and get updates as they are released.
You'll receive the full, final release of the eBook on release.
📚What You'll Learn
In the Rails on Docker course, you'll learn how to…
- Use Docker to simplify your development workflow (and make development across teams easy) by building a complete Rails application from scratch.
- Split your app's various services into multiple Docker containers.
- Use Docker to simplify Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) and ensure you have development, test and production environment parity.
- Set up and configure your own Docker servers on which to host your app.
- Get your app running in production, with scheduled (cron) jobs, backup services, asset hosting, and more.
- Use Docker Compose and Docker Swarm to make your apps resilient to failure and instantly scalable to cope with demand.
- Design your apps around “disposable infrastructure” to let you quickly run and scale anywhere.
After working through this course, you'll be ready to migrate your own Rails apps to Docker, consolidate your development environment and workflows, and make deployment easy and predictable.
📦 What You Get
- The eBook course in multiple formats (PDF, Mobi, ePub) suitable for reading on any device - mobile, desktop, tablets and Kindle.
- Free updates to new releases of the book.
🙏 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rails on Docker comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If within 30 days of purchasing the product, you're not entirely satisfied with the course for any reason, let me know and I'll refund your money - no questions asked.
👋 Who wrote this course?
Rails on Docker is written by Chris Blunt, a software consultant and developer based in Plymouth, UK. Chris has been using Rails to build web applications since 2008.
Today, Chris works with clients to design and support their apps for the long-term. He also provides consulting and technical training for software businesses and developers who are building products with Ruby on Rails and supporting technologies.
❓I have a question...