People raise money from investors routinely. It is such a commonplace occurrence that it is responsible for most of the buildings, businesses, and films we see around us every day.
But raising money from investors, doesn’t come naturally to anyone. Anyone who has ever successfully raised money from investors in return for a share of the revenues generated by a profitable project has had to learn the fundamentals of the process in order to avoid running into serious legal and financial trouble.
To Purchase This Workshop:
Click I Want this, provide payment information, then check your email for a receipt. Click the link in the receipt for fully access to the recorded workshop and all supporting workbooks, guides, and expert videos.
In this recorded workshop you learn:
- About the Regulation D and Regulation CF Exemptions
- How to Raise Up to $1M per Year
- How to Raise an Unlimited Amount of Money Per Year
- When, Where, Why and How it’s Legal to Advertise Your Opportunity on Facebook
- When an How You’re Allowed to Accept Investment from Non-Accredited or Unsophisticated Investors
- Where to Find Investors to Pitch Your Project
- What You Need to Disclose to Investors
- How to Setup the Kind of Company that Can Offer Investors Participation in Future Revenues
- What Happens If You Don’t Follow the Rules
- Which Attorneys and Experts You Need to Work With and Where to Find Them
The information in this presentation should not be relied upon as legal advice.
I am not an attorney and the specifics of your project, your partners, and your most likely investors are something you must discuss with a lawyer, securities attorney, and tax advisors before your create investment documentation or solicit investment. Failure to do this can result in huge court costs, fines, and even jail time. This set of resources is meant as a primer to help you understand the fundamentals and some of the most commonly used funding options so you can better understand how to move forward on funding your project.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Elements of the documentation for this event will be provided to you before the event for you to review. Except for the video of the Live Presentation which will be posted after the event is over.
- A Recording of the Live Presentation distributed within 24 hours of the event.
- Written Regulation D Private Placement Primer. A standard Regulation D Private Placement which is how most people raise money from investors to fund companies of all kinds.
- Written Regulation-CF Primer. Regulation CF allows business owners, including filmmakers, to raise up to $1M a year from everyday people rather than accredited investors.
- Written Overview of donation based crowdfunding and how it compares as an alternative to raising money from investors.
- Contract Law Fundamentals Primer Video which reviews the fundamentals every business owner needs to know about making enforceable agreements so they avoid making them by accident.
- How to Avoid Litigation Primer which reviews good business principles which will help you avoid problems with partners, employees, and investors in a project before, during, and after your project is funded.
- How to Quickly Reach Investors through Slated.com, the leading equity investment platform for filmmakers.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the filmmaking community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slideshows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico