Complete Essential sessions:
- First steps
- Lists and Conditions
- Vectors and domains
- Bits and pieces
- 17 hours of video tutorials
- example files
- cheat sheet
- NURBS vs. Mesh modeling, Rhinoceros 3D GUI and basic use, installing Grasshopper®, Grasshopper® GUI, basic logic, components, parameters, inputs, numbers, simple geometry, referenced geometry, locally defined geometry, baking.
Data types, booleans, conditions, pick&choose.
- Introduction to lists, list item, cull item, sort, shift list, merge, patterns, dispatch, weave, list-based geometry: polyline, NURBS curve, interpolated curve, loft surface.
Introduction to vectors, vectors vs. points, vector addition, cross product, dot product, vector operations, vector display, practical use, planes/frames, normals.
- Introduction to domains, t parameter, evaluate curve, boundaries, remap, reparametrize, UV coordinates, evaluate surface.
Introduction to data trees, graft, flatten, unflatten, tree statistics, cherry picker, simplify, shift path, path mapper, tree item, tree items.
- Wrap-up of the Essential sessions, everything that didn’t fit before, graph mapping, advanced baking, custom display, conditional transformations, attractors, geometry analysis, simple paneling.
The Essentials cover the first steps, explain the principles and teach the best practices. After taking the all the Essential sessions you will be ready to create simple Grasshopper® definitions on your own, understand third-party tutorials and process to the advanced sessions.
The rese arch Grasshopper® sessions are unique for their thorough explanation of all the features, which creates a sound foundation for your further individual development or direct use in the practice. The webinars are divided into four groups: Essential, Advanced, Iterative and Architectural. If you are a Rhinoceros 3D or Grasshopper® newcomer, you are advised to take all the Essential sessions before proceeding to the next level. If none of the proposed topics suit your needs or if you require special treatment, you can request a custom-tailored 1on1 session. All sessions are held entirely in English.
Grasshopper® is a visual programming environment for Rhinoceros 3D developed by David Rutten and numerous plug-in developers. In recent years it became the major tool of digital / parametric / generative architecture worldwide and is rapidly spreading from academia to production practice. The node-based environment makes Grasshopper® easy to learn, simple to use and quick to deploy. An ever-growing community of Grasshopper® users provides great support and releases new software, hardware and fabrication applications on a daily basis.
Grasshopper® and most of its plugins are available for free, however it’s not a standalone software. It’s tightly connected with Rhinoceros 3D – an advanced NURBS modelling and drafting software, which is available for education purposes under exceptionally favorable conditions.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
more at http://grasshopper.rese-arch.org
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.