SUBDIGITAL Shield: OPEN SOURCE
We love 3D printing - for prototyping. Mass production has to be done differently. We have designed a shield, that can be produced faster, cheaper and even without equipment. We are publishing source files of the Subdigital Shield for non-commercial use.
- Single material solution: The shields need to be made of transparent plastics. We designed the entire shield from the transparent plastic - be it PVC, PETG or anything available. The design can cope with various material thickness.
- Fighting material shortage: The design doesn't require currently unavailable filaments or rubber bands.
- No post-production: No need to attach straps, no need to pre-assemble. Ready to be packed straight from the machine.
- Flat packing for shipping and storage: More than 50 pieces of the shield can be stored in a larger pizza box. They are safe and easy to transport.
- 240x faster production: Production of a single Subdigital shield takes 25s (on a regular lasercutter). The most efficient 3D printed shields take an hour. The production files are optimized for fast production of CNC or laser cutter.
- Minimum waste: Even the cutouts serve a purpose - you can use them to attach a face mask.
- DYI version: If you only have the material and no equipment, you can cut the shield out with just a pair of scissors. We published blueprints and instructions for an A4 printer. Cutting out the shield at home is faster than 3D printing.
Use well and stay safe!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.