May 26, 2019 Update
* This livery is now compatible with version 2.8 of VSkyLabs C-47 Skytrain FLP for X-Plane 11.
* New interior and exterior textures are included.
* See "the changelog.txt" included in the download package for details.
* This livery depicts the real-life paint worn by the Douglas Dakota Mk. III serial numbered 19345 in 1982 for Soundair of Canada.
* This add-on livery is for application upon the VSkyLabs ("VSL") C-47 Skytrain Flying Lab Project digital aircraft model version 2.79 for X-Plane 11. Obtain it from...
* As of version 2.79, passenger seat visibility is toggled in the simulator by clicking upon the equipment rack located aft of the co-pilot's position. Some SimSmith liveries intentionally do not display the equipment rack although the hot-spot is still in force (watch your pointer change as you move it).
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, tailored to the targeted version of X-Plane.
* Custom ski textures are also provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their (optional) activation.
* An optional replacement for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions are enclosed.
* SimSmith expects to update this package in the future to accommodate the two new model variants announced by VSL at:
* X-Plane 11 implements Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") for real-time reflections by surfaces designated as bare metal. Realize that many liveries were not shiny at the point in time the livery represents.
* This livery's panel lines and rivets emulate the left-side passenger door applicable to this airframe, although the protruding cargo door hinges remain visible since they are defined via a shared texture region.
* Small exterior parts that may be visible on the default liveries (such as the roof antenna and wire) may be intentionally made invisible by SimSmith to represent the real aircraft's equipment.
* Some interior parts that may be visible on the default liveries (such as the overhead bins and fire extinguisher) may be intentionally made invisible.
* Visible jagged lines are never desirable in a livery, but can occur where the developer's texture mapping causes stretching or the texture region's resolution is too low.
* White gaps between matte and reflective areas are caused by PBR and their minimization is attempted.
1. X-Plane version 11
2. A legal copy of the VSkyLabs C-47 Skytrain model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this package (around 38 Megabytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSkyLabs or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from SimSmith.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSkyLabs or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Contributions via https://simsmith.codes enables the production of future X-Plane add-ons.
* Purchases via https://store.x-plane.org/SimSmith_bymfg_117-0-1.html are the ultimate compliment.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share