It's a bridge for UVs editing between two programs:
Also you can buy Extended Edition.
How to install:
- Drag'n'Drop into 3dsmax viewport
- 3dsmax > Scripting > Run Script > select Unfold3d bridge MZP file
After setup you will see Unfold3D icon at main toolbar.
(Sometimes administrator rights needed)
How it works:
In 3dsmax :
- Select object or multiple objects
- Select editing mode
- Press Unfold3D (button with Unfold3D logo)
- Create or edit UVs
- Press Save
After pressing Save button in Unfold3d - will be closed, 3DSMax window will reappear and UVs will be assigned like modifiers on object or objects.
- Big button with Unfold3D logo - send selected objects to Unfold3D, objects must be editable poly, if you have an modifiers stack - script will collapse it to editable poly automatically. So be careful a.
- Right Mouse Button (RMB) click on mode options(new,edit,preset) open current Lua script with notepad. So you can edit it and save, or save as a new preset.
- RMB click on dropbox (presets list) - reload/update presets list.
How to edit a preset file:
- In Unfold3D open a Script and Command log window (default shortcut "L")
- And you will see log for changed commands/parameters, so you can select necessary lines and copy/paste them into preset file, and that's it.
- 3dsmax 2016/2017/2018
- Older versions not supported.
Many thanks and happy UV-ing!
Also you can check Extended Edition :