Available now! Download Instantly!
A newly updated and abridged version of Legal Action Center’s book, Confidentiality & Communication, covers all the essentials for understanding confidentiality, including answers to questions like:
• When do 42 CFR Part 2 and HIPAA apply?
• How did the 2017 amendments change the requirements for consent forms, patient privacy notices and the notice of prohibition on re-disclosure?
• How to make disclosures for medical emergencies, audits, or research?
• How can a program report a crime on program premises?
• What should a program do if it receives a subpoena, search warrant, or arrest warrant?
• What privacy rights do patients have?
• How are the laws enforced and what are the security requirements?
• What are best practices for common confidentiality issues?
Confidentiality & Communication is an indispensable guide to SUD privacy for new members of the SUD treatment field and stakeholders who work with individuals receiving SUD treatment, as well as seasoned confidentiality experts with questions about the 2017 and 2018 amendments to 42 CFR Part 2.
The 2020 edition also explains the newest proposal by SAMHSA to amend the confidentiality law again, and flags areas where the law is subject to change in the future. To see a full list of the topics covered in the abridged and updated 2020 edition of Confidentiality & Communication, visit the online Table of Contents.
The 2020 edition of Confidentiality & Communication is available as an e-book only.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.