This lesson teaches you to make an ear cuff that gracefully curves along the edge of your ear. Delicate looking spirals sweep up and down, extending from a single bead in the center.
This ear cuff is easily customizable. You can make the spirals any size you like, use different shaped beads, or even wrap beads all the way up the spirals. The possibilities are endless!
* 14" (35cm) 20 gauge wire (you can use either dead soft or half hard. This works well with copper, sterling silver, craft wire and some other metals as well)
* 2' 26 gauge wire (you can use either dead soft or half hard)
* 1 6mm round bead
* Chain nose pliers
* Round nose pliers
* Wire cutters
* 8mm mandrel or pliers with an 8mm barrel
* Hammer (metal or nylon, depending on type of wire you are using)
* Bench block (metal or rubber, depending on type of wire you are using)
© Donna Spadafore/Gailavira Jewelry