Africa is home to 491 fintech startups, which are together building a new vision for the financial services industry in Africa.
The Finnovating for Africa 2019: Reimagining the African financial services landscape report considers data compiled by Disrupt Africa over four and a half years on fintech startups active in 28 countries across Africa.
While South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya are at the forefront of startup activity in the fintech sector, the research shows a number of other local fintech ecosystems are beginning to emerge, while the space is showing increasing signs of maturity. Funding, meanwhile, has been rising exponentially, with the sector proving the most attractive to investors in African tech.
The report looks in-depth at nine sub-categories in the fintech arena, analysing more established spaces such as payments and remittances, and lending and financing, but also developing categories like investtech, insurtech and blockchain.
The publication also includes:
- Consideration of the regional spread and growth of fintech ventures;
- Discussion of startup activity in nine sub-sectors of the fintech industry;
- Data on fintech startup launches by year;
- Tracking of funding and acquisitions in the fintech space;
- A list of fintech accelerator programmes open to African applicants;
- A list of financial institutions with initiatives aimed at African fintech startups.
NB. This version of Finnovating for Africa 2019 includes only the report, without the appendix containing the full list of 491 startups.
The report plus full list of funded startups is available here, at a cost of US$800.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.